6 Under AYSO Region 345 Referee Review
Coach or team representative will be required to ref their own game (home team first half and visitor second half).
Duration of the Game: Four five-minute periods. There is a 2 1/2-minute break at the end of the first and third quarters. A 5-minute break at half-time.
Start of the Game: Both teams are lined up at center circle to check all players for shinguards and tennis shoes or soft cleated soccer shoes. NO jewelry is allowed. A coin toss will occur at this time and the winner of the coin toss picks which goal they desire to defend. Both coaches need to give their line up cards to the referee. The number of players is 4 on 4, with a minimum number of players on the field is 4. Teams may borrow a player from the team they are playing if both coaches agree to it. Teams must play with an equal number of players. All players must play a minimum of two quarters, and three quarters when possible. No player can play four quarters until all players have played at least three quarters. We do not play with a goal keeper and no player may use their hands except for throw-ins. The referee will blow the whistle to start or stop play. Remember, the players will learn to play the whistle. It is important for the referee to explain every call to the kids as they occur.
Throw-ins: A throw-in is taken to restart the game after the ball goes out of play past the touch line (Side Line). The ball must cross completely over the touch line to be out of play. The throw-in is taken by any player on the team who did not touch the ball last. The throw- in must be taken from the spot where the ball went out last. All players should be kept back a safe distance. All players will be allowed to retake a bad throw-in all season without a penalty.
Kicks: When the whole ball passes over the goal line (not in the goal), it should be kicked into play from the goal line half way between the goal and the corner. (No corner kicks). All players should be kept back a safe distance.
Intentional Heading and Slide Tackling Is NOT permitted. Any infraction of this, will warrant an indirect free kick for the opposing team.
Fouls and Misconducts: All fouls and misconducts must be started by an Indirect Free Kick, with opponents at least five yards away. An Indirect Free Kick means the ball needs to touch another player before it can be deemed a goal. Pushing, kicking, striking, tripping, and hand balls are all fouls. If multiple players fall down around the ball, this is considered dangerous and the game should stop and restart with a drop ball. The ball is dropped between two players (one player from each team). We will not give any Red or Yellow cards to any player in this division at any time-ALTHOUGH COACHES AND SPECTATORS MAY BE GIVEN ONE.
Method of Scoring: When the whole ball crosses over the goal line and into the goal area, the team receives 1 point.
NO coach or parent may enter the field of play without the referee’s permission. Players and parents must be on the opposite sides of the field. No coach or parent should be in the areas behind the goals.
Safe, Fun, Fair
The game should be kept flowing as much as possible without risk of injury. The game should be fair to all players and should be kept FUN, SAFE & FAIR!
8 Under AYSO Region 345 Referee Review
Coach or team representative will be required to referee their own game (Home team first half and visitor second half).
1. This division plays without a goalkeeper.
2. It is important for a referee to explain every call to the kids as they occur for the first three weeks of the season.
3. All players will be allowed to retake a bad throw-in once without a penalty for the first three weeks.
4. The coach may substitute during a quarter if a player is injured. The coach must receive permission from the referee before any
substitutions can occur.
5. NO coach or parent may enter the field of play without the referee's permission
6. Game duration: Four 10 minute quarters with 2 1/2 minutes between 1st and 3rd quarter and 5 minutes at halftime for water & substitutions.
7. All kicks are Indirect Free Kicks (except the Open “Direct” Kick)
8. We will not give any Red cards to any player in this division at any time. ALTHOUGH COACHES AND SPECTATORS
MAY BE GIVEN ONE.
9. Players, Coaches and Team Managers MUST stay on one side of the field with the spectators and parents on the opposite side.
10. Number of players is 6 on 6, the minimum number of players is 4. If one team is short-sided the teams may borrow a player
from the opposing team if both coaches agree to it.
11. No Offsides in this division.
12. Ball size 3. Shinguards are mandatory for practices and games. Tennis shoes or soccer cleats may be worn. NO baseball or
football cleats are allowed. Metal spikes are not allowed.
13. All plavers MUST play two quarters. No player can play four quarters unless all players have played at least three quarters.
14. Scoring-(6) six goal rule. If a team wins by more than (6) six goals, the coach shall be given a yellow card. If this happens twice in a season, the coach will be suspended for (1) one game.
15. Goal Box-(1) if offense touches ball inside the goal box, an Indirect Free Kick will be awarded to the defensive team (2) if defense touches ball inside the goal box-the offensive team will be given an Open “Direct” Kick will all players behind the ball with no rebounds whether the ball hits the bar or not, the ball is dead & the game will resume with a kickoff.
16. Intentional Heading and Slide Tackling is not permitted. Any infraction of this, will warrant a Indirect Free Kick for the opposing team.
17. Referees should be emphasize: FUN, FAIRNESS, SAFETY, LEARNING!